Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Le Regazze dicono "Ciao Marco!"

So I decided on a butterfly. I looked up some symbology for it and it seemed to fit for me. The butterfly represents metamorphasis and freedom. I feel like it's a good parallel to what this summer can be for me. It can be a summer of change spiritually and emotionally. Like the caterpillar I can enter as one form and leave as something more beautiful and graceful and free. I'm actually pretty excited about it. I put a lot of thought into it. I feel like no one else here has to work as hard on being creative. It doesnt come as naturally for me. I want to put a lot of thought into everything I make here so that it all means something to me and expresses what I'm learning. Italian will prob be easy.. There are only two people in that class. And then there was book arts!!!!! OMG Im so excited about that class. We are going to learn to make paper and practice decorating paper. We get to choose two out of six projects to work on. We are gonna start out binding and learning to form the book and structure stuff and then she is going to let us work on our projects freely. I decided to do an integration between my ceramics class and my book arts class by making clay book cover and back and painting them and burning them in the kiln but finding a way to bind them into a book. I found this really cool painting that I liked at the ceramics museum that Im going to try to replicate for the cover. and then the other project I decided on was called structure exploration where I make a series of journals exploring different binding forms and different ways of decorating the paper and the covers. She wants us to find a style that we think we like most... like a certain kind of binding or a certain material to use (like leather) and then make a series of them.... im pretty excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment