Sunday, June 21, 2009

Il Mio Padre é il migliore padre!!!


Since I can't be home to tell my dad how amazing he is and make him cry with some awesome present, I thought I'd go ahead and tell all of you how amazing my dad is. Me and my dad never were super close throughout my childhood. Don't get me wrong, he was a great dad. I didn't really allow anyone in my family to get close to me. I was pretty much a brat. He didn't stand a chance. But since I've matured (not that I claim to be mature) I've really come to appreciate the relationships that are possible within a family especially the relationship that I've grown to love with my father. He is an amazing man. To some it's kind of expected that a father will care for and provide for his family. As I look around the world we live in I begin to realize that it's not the norm to have a hard working father anymore. Heck, it's not even the norm to have a father who sticks around your whole life. So the standard is set low. If you provide for your family and simply stick around then you are doing about as good or better than the majority of the world. My dad crushes that standard. I'm blessed to be able to say that my dad has not only worked hard his whole life to make sure my family can live comfortably and that he stuck around but he goes much further than that in that he supports me and encourages me through every phase of my life... even when he doesn't really understand me and my decisions. He gives me wonderful advice. He is amazingly wise. He encourages me in my walk with Christ and I see him grow in his own walk daily. He is the most giving man I've ever met. He has a compassionate and empathetic heart that breaks for the needy. He spends time with his family and with his wonderful wife. He cherishes his marriage. I see him grow and work on his weaknesses constantly. He becomes more humble every day. He doesn't judge me. He accepts me for my weird self. He wants the best for me and I am so thankful for having him as a father. I wish I could be there to spend father's day with him but thanks to him I'm in Italy having the time of my life. Thank you for that gift dad and every other gift you bless me and our family with daily. You are amazing and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment