Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's a love story!!!!

It's been an amazing past few days... I've done a poor job of updating because I've been so busy. I just got back from Assisi and Perugia which were both amazing cities... I really enjoyed Perugia. There was an antique market and some amazing stuff to look at. That city is famous for it's chocolate so of course we indulged ourselves!!! It was truly delicious. In Assisi we saw St. Francis' tomb and the church that was built for him after his death. It was pretty amazing inside. Several girls and I decided to find our own way back to cortona and took a train. It was a fun adventure buying tickets and riding the train and then finding our way back. We almost had to pay 150 Euros because we didn't stamp our tickets or something... I'm not exactly sure what we did wrong but I think the train guy could tell so he let it go. haha. Last night was a pretty amazing. I think it was my most favorite since we got here. First a band played for us... It was like a welcome concert that has been planned several times and cancelled due to weather. It was amazing. After the concert we hung out at the Lion's well and danced a little but then everyone went to the discoteca. AMAZING!!! I had a blast dancing my butt off.... I was really glad I went out with everyone. I didn't get home till 2:30 am but it was worth it. The night before we went out to The Lion's Well as well for a girl's birthday. It was a fun night too. So needless to say I'm lacking in sleep and planning on catching up tomorrow... BUT TONIGHT... is going to be the best part of it all... we are going to a community celebration feast... All of the city is invited and it's a seven course meal with unlimited wine and dancing... It is supposed to long into the night.... I can't wait. It's very authentic Cortonese food. They are roasting a wild boar!!! Tomorrow there is a flag throwing group coming to perform for us.... all in all it's been a packed out long weekend but I'm falling more and more in love with Italy every day. I had several really awesome runs this week. I've been running 30-40 minutes but one day I was just in the zone and ended up running  about an hour... I was just exploring and found some amazing roads and awesome views... Tuscany is unlike any part of Italy and such an amazing experience. It's beautiful and quiet. You feel like it's your own fairy tale. Well I'm off to an amazing dinner. I'll update you all about my ongoing class projects tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment