Wednesday, July 1, 2009

YAY per amici!!!!

I've made some really great friends these past few days. There are some really awesome girls here who I can relate to and whose company I really enjoy. I think I struggled at first because so many of the students already knew each other before the trip and came in groups. It was hard to shove your way into a group and honestly I didn't really want to be involved with some of the cliques that had formed. But there are a few girls who like me don't necessarily fit into a certain group and I've really enjoyed getting to know them. It really makes the experience more enjoyable when you are sharing memories and adventures with other people. So I have the Lord to thank for sending me companionship. I know His ways are perfect and his timing is always right. The lesson I've yet to learn is patience in waiting on the Lord. I have to say I was pretty miserable socially there for a while. It's not like I was withdrawing away from everyone because I was lonely. I would go out with everyone and walk with groups on field trips and eat dinner with different groups each night but it was lonely being the one who obviously didn't fit there. It's so funny to stand back and watch though. It's kind of pathetic how similar it is to high school. There are those groups of girls who are the life of every party, go out every night, and hook up with the few boys that are here. Then there are the sophisticated girls who are too good for every one else. I'm sure in high school I would have been a mixture of both but never was I the outcast loner... haha... I guess my assholish nature in high school is finally coming back around to bite me in the butt... Just one way the Lord has been able to illuminate me about my past from other people's perspectives... I really love where I'm at though. It makes me jealous of the people in high school that figured all this out before I did. Now I see why D'rea Shiver hated me haha. Wow, never thought I'd say that. Speaking of high school, I had about an hour long conversation with an old friend from my graduating class two days ago. Jessie was my best friend through the later years of high school and because of my own pride and embarrassment we "fell out of touch" but we had a great conversation and it was full of forgiveness and love. It made me really miss some of the people in the other chapters of my life that have flown by. I've really been blessed throughout my life with some awesome friends and mentors. Maybe I'll make a book about that... That's actually a great idea... I can write little biography things about each person and how they affected me and how they loved me.... devote a page to each one... ha that would be cute... and special to have.... anyway, it's funny how I'll be talking to someone or reading something and all the sudden I'll have an idea for a project in my book arts class or ceramics.... Ill have to pull out my journal real fast and write it down before I forget.... because we all know I forget everything. My mom is coming in SIX DAYS!!! She is so great you guys... I really can't wait to spend some time with her. I'm not going to get any work done while she is here though haha. Well I have an italian test in 3 hours that i haven't studied for so I'm gonna go do that. Hope your weeks are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment